Weekend Workshops … (10am-4pm)
Location: Foundry Wood
(This year they are outdoor woodland workshops to accommodate Covid concerns)
Address: Princes Drive, Leamington Spa, CV32 6AF.
Please click here for directions and parking information. Please contact us if you have specific accessibility requirements.
- Dates: Sunday 14th November and Sunday 21st November
- Time: All workshops run from 10 am – 4 pm. There may be limited entry from 3 pm depending on numbers and available materials.
- These workshops are frame-making workshops ONLY – so no gluing will be possible however, you can take materials (glue and paper) to finish off lanterns at home.
- Please bring a sealable jar or container for the PVA glue to take home if you need it 🙂
- No bookings are required. Workshop space fills on a first-come basis and it gets busier as we get closer to the Parade date. There is a small amount of covered space which will be filled on a first-come basis. Other than that, there is plenty of space in the surrounding woodland setting.
- Please also bring warm clothes as it is an outdoor woodland workshop.
- You may also wish to bring a camp chair or waterproof blanket to sit on as the forest floor will be damp. Please bring your own drinking water and snacks if needed. Also, please note the toilet on site is a composting toilet. Hand sanitizer will be available but again, you may wish to bring your own.
- Please allow 1-2 hours to make a Lantern.
- We usually recommend 1 parent per child per lantern. If you have multiple children per adult, it can be easier to make one lantern at a time as they are tricky for children to make alone.
- In the event of very wet weather, you may wish to collect the materials to make a lantern at home. If rain is forecast please wear appropriate attire.
For more information, phone us on 01926 470 634 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lantern Making packs are also available to make them at home. Please see the details below.
Workshop Spaces & Support
Please note that workshop spaces are limited and offered to families on a first come basis from 10am. If the workshop becomes full we ask that families wait for a space or purchase a Lantern Pack to make one at home. There will be volunteers at the workshops who are happy to explain the Lantern Making process and offer some support. However please note they will be welcoming and supporting many families at the same time, so please bring along enough adults to support your children. We recommend one adult per lantern.
Lantern Making Packs
Lantern Making Packs will be available from the BID Leamington Office and from workshop venues so you and your family can make them at home. This will include detailed instructions, a bundle of withy, a bamboo carrying pole, some wet strength white tissue paper and some coloured paper. The suggested donation is £5 including a torch or £3 for basic materials (withy and paper). You can purchase masking tape, PVA glue and torches and string lights from local retailers.
The BID Leamington Office is open Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm (cash only). For more information phone us on: 01926 470 634 or email: email@example.com or visit us at:
35C Park Court, Park St,
Lantern Packs (including withy and paper) will also be available from the ‘information tent’ (by Boots on Parade) at the Leamington Sunday Market from October 31st.